One week from today all money and rosters are due for both the 2015 Fall COED and Men’s leagues.
2015 Fall Season Meeting
Monday August 3, 2015 at 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Room 155/156 LHC Aquatic Center (Outside entrance in back of the facility)
100 Park Ave, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Discussion and voting on new rules will include but is not limited to:
- Newly Elected Board Need volunteers. You will be voting in new board members for the next 12 months.
- Season start date We will discuss when the season will begin
- HR one base advancement rule. If all players do not advance at least one base it will be considered an out.
- Moving the bases closer. We are going by ASA rules currently.
- Playoff roster rule discussion. Must use rostered players or forfeit. Also discussed teams that abuse the privilege of picking up players during the season and are constantly doing so. More discussion with managers at mandatory meeting.
- Playoff Expansion possible expanding the playoffs to 5 or six teams with byes for the top seeds
- League divisions
- Doing away with A-B-C league
- Having one combined league again with A and B designated teams and possibly expanding playoffs for B
- or moving 2-4 B teams up to A league and having a 6-8 team A league and a 6-8 team B league. A must have at least 6 teams to do this.
- Ejections. Any player, manager, or fan ejected from the game or spectating area by a league umpire, MUST leave SARA park entirely. Again, this means no hanging out in the parking lot, no walking up to the other ball fields, get in your car and go home or anywhere but SARA park. You have been ejected from the park. Violations going forward will result in team forfeit and suspensions and or banishment from the park. It is the managers responsibility to know this and enforce it. Ignorance of this policy is no longer an excuse.
- All star committee. At least 3 people to organize and fundraise and secure permits and vendors.
- Umpires needed and payment. We need committed umpires. Umpires will be paid bi-weekly or at the end of the season.Their choice. A procedure will be put in place so they can be added to the calendar after they work a game to ensure payment. If umpire shortage, we will have to certify some players to fill in for games to keep the league moving