Here are some quick highlights from the league meeting. We had excellent turn out and all of the league managers and some players had input on the rule changes.
Details will be updated at a later date:
- New arc rule for pitchers 6-10 feet
- No alcohol or smoking in dugouts or on the field
- Ejections: If you are ejected you must leave the park and the parking lot. Suspended players may not come to the games.
- Player suspensions handed out for behavior in B League Championship game. Managers will be contacted.
- Only one new ball per game. 2 used balls. Maximum. Get your foul balls and home runs immediately.
- Both team managers must first agree and the umpire must be notified of any in game pickups before the game has started. Regular season only. No pickups for playoff games. Players on teams designated as A league cannot play on teams designated as B league. Only current rostered, paid players can sub in a league game.
- Forfeit fee of $25 assessed on no show no calls
- Scoring or roster protests must be protested during game. After the game is too late. Have a scorekeeper. You can get score books from the league treasurer.
- Music allowed in dugouts. Not to be heard on field as to cause a distraction. If ump says turn it down. Do so.
- Men’s game times voted on: 7-8-9 pm
- All Star game return. Mike Brown will help coordinate
- New board members elected:
- Head Umpire: Mike Brown
- COED Rep: Tom McKendrick
- Player Rep: John Lindsay
- Rule Changes voted on
- Men’s League Home Run Rule
- Was 4 home run limit then an out for each home run after that
- Changed to:Teams are allowed 3 HR until both teams reach 3 limit. Then they go to a one up format for both teams with unlimited homeruns.. Any homeruns hit after the allotted 3 unmatched or after 1 up unmatched will result in an automatic dead ball out.
- COED League Home Run Rule
- Was 1 HR until both teams reach limit then a 2d home run allowed for both teams.With an automatic dead ball out for anything after the 1 with no match and anything after 2 with the match.
- Changed to:are allowed 1 HR until both teams reach limit. Then go to a one up format for both teams with unlimited homeruns.. Any homeruns hit after the allotted 1umtached after the 1 up unmatched will result in an automatic dead ball out.
- COED player rule. If a COED team only has 9 players available, they may start a game and play with 4 female and 5 male players. The 10th player picked up must be female to have an even amount of female and male players.
I will update with more details soon.